For the last ten or so years I have taken various different protein supplements. Some were absolutely terrible and some were tolerable. And then there were about two or three that actually tasted great!
The focus of this review will be on Optimum Nutrition’s 100% Whey Gold Standard Protein, which happens to be one of the few proteins that tasted great. Plus, at the end of this review I’ll show you how you can get 43% off plus FREE shipping!
First off, I’m extremely picky about what I put in my body. As I’ve stated before I’m not big on supplements. I take a multivitamin, fish oil pills since I don’t like seafood and whey protein powder mostly for convenience. I’ve experimented with other supplements such as creatine but I’ll save the results of those for another article.
Over the years I’ve tried literally 50 or so different protein powders. And honestly Optimum Nutrition (ON) is in my top three overall. There are certain things I like about other powders, but overall ON Whey Protein is by far one of the best.
Optimum Nutrition’s 100% Whey Gold Standard Protein contains 24 grams of protein, 2-3 grams of carbs and 1.5 grams of fat. It has minimal lactose which is good news for those who are lactose intolerant but want a good whey protein! And it comes in a variety of flavors so you’ll be able to find one you love.
One of my favorite aspects of this protein powder is that it mixes easily with any liquid by just stirring it with a spoon and the powder doesn’t settle at the bottom of your cup after mixing it. I remember the days when you would have to break out the blender to mix up a protein shake! Luckily, those days are long gone! I typically mix it in with milk, in smoothies and sometimes just plain water.
Optimum Nutrition’s 100% Whey Gold Standard Protein Pros And Cons:
- Mixes incredibly easy in anything.
- Very affordable.
- One of the best tasting protein powders on the market.
- Comes in a variety of flavors and sizes.
- This is by far the best selling protein powder on Amazon.com and has received an overwhelmingly positive 665 reviews at the time of posting this!
- One thing I noticed is that this protein powder contains artificial sweetener. This doesn’t necessarily bother me since the bulk of my diet is whole foods. Plus, there are no long term studies that prove whether artificial sweeteners are a danger to humans or not. But, this could be a deal breaker for those who won’t consume anything artificial. If that is the case then try Optimum Nutrition 100% All Natural Whey Protein Powder that contains no artificial flavors, colors or sweeteners.
Where to buy
One of the main reasons I buy this protein is because I can get it for 43% off and shipped to my door for FREE from Amazon.com! Amazon regularly sells it for 28% off and offers free shipping, but if you sign up for Subscribe & Save you can get an additional 15% off this item making it one of the cheapest and best proteins on the market!
I hope this review helps! Please leave a comment below if you’ve used Optimum Nutrition or any other protein powder before.
In an effort to remain completely transparent, I want you to know that I may receive a commission if you click on the links within this post and purchase something. However, this review is 100% my honest opinion which was formed through years of using this and other similar products, and was not formed solely for monetary gain. Thanks!Like this review? Signup to get our weekly low calorie food review sent to your inbox!