If you’re an avid Facebook user, and who isn’t on Facebook these days, then there is no easier way to get your daily dose of health tips, advice and inspiration then to become a fan of, or more accurately “like” one or more of my favorite 15 health related Facebook pages. This is a nice little sampling of some of the best websites and blogs that actively help people through the popular social network.
So, without further ado (and in no particular order)…
- Webmd: WebMD is one of the leading health sites on the internet and they do a great job of updating their fans with useful health and wellness information.
- Livestrong: Determined to make cancer a global priority, reduce stigma, improve support, increase access to care and make this disease HISTORY!
- Tom Venuto: Natural bodybuilder and the author of Burn The Fat, Feed The Muscle and the Body Fat Solution. Some of the best advice you’ll find anywhere.
- This Mama Cooks: Oodles of healthy and great tasting recipes. A key part of any successful diet is arming yourself with healthy and nutritious recipes.
- 3 Fat Chicks: A place where women and men can come for support and hold themselves accountable both to each other and to the general public during their quest for weight loss by openly sharing their experiences online.
- Weight Watchers: Dedicated to inspiring and helping you adopt a healthier way to live.
- Men’s Health magazine: Every month, Men’s Health provides readers with tips that helps them be healthier, smarter, fashionable, more confident at work and more successful in their relationships and family life.
- Women’s Health magazine: Women’s Health is the ultimate guide to getting healthy–and loving it. Women’s Health offers the latest news in workouts, nutrition, health, sex and relationships, and even the environment, giving you the tools you need to live the life you want.
- Dietriffic: Looking for healthy eating ideas, weight loss advice or lifestyle tips? Then look no further!
- Health magazine: Health.com is produced by editors and journalists dedicated to delivering accurate, trusted, up-to-date health and medical information, for consumers. We focus on problem-solving content to help you make decisions during complicated, stressful times. We write in plain English, using real-life examples.
- Healthy Women: HealthyWomen (HW) is the nation’s leading independent health information source for women. For more than 20 years, women have been coming to the HW for answers to their most pressing and personal health care questions.
- Fat Man Unleashed: Feel free to share your weight loss, fitness struggles, goals, and accomplishments. I honestly believe that accountability and support go a long way. That’s what this is about.
- Fitbloggin: FitBloggin is a conference for those that blog about fitness, wellness, good food and a healthy lifestyle. The Fitbloggin’ Facebook page also posts some very useful health information.
- Fit Yummy Mummy: This Facebook page was created by Busy Moms Fat Loss Coach and author of FitYummyMummy.com. This is a support community for women who want to be Fit and Yummy – with a new workout each and every month!
- Low-Calorie Diet: And lastly, check out our facebook page and get health & weight loss tips, recipes & the latest information & news to help you lose weight & improve your health.
I’m sure there’s plenty more out there so what are some of your favorite health & wellness related Facebook pages?