You’ve probably heard that eating breakfast is important. And for good reason as the majority of successful dieters report that they eat breakfast every day.
One of the reason’s breakfast aids in weight loss is because those that skip this meal sometimes more than make up for it with “starvation eating” later on.
So, it’s important to choose a healthy low calorie breakfast that will keep you full and not have you snacking a short a while later.
By eating high fiber, water dense foods for breakfast you will be able to eat a lot more food without all the calories. Plus, it will help you achieve that full feeling for longer.
For example, a bagel with cream cheese has roughly 450 calories. Compare that to 1 bowl of oatmeal, 1/2 cup of low-fat milk, 1/2 cup of sliced strawberries, ½ cup of blueberries and 1 tablespoon of almonds at only 300 calories total!
So, what are some healthy low calorie breakfast ideas? Here’s 15 suggestions with 300 calories or less:
- Berry Easy Breakfast, 1 tablespoon almonds, 1 cup coffee
- 2 Apple Wheat Pancakes and ½ cup Skim Milk
- Honey Nut Smoothie
- 1 cup Erewhon Cripsy Brown Rice cereal, ½ cup Skim Milk, 1 apple, 1 cup coffee
- 1 cup Nature’s Path Organic Flax Plus Pumpkin Granola Cereal, ½ cup Skim Milk, 1 banana
- The Cinnamon Swirl
- 1 Amy’s Steel Cut Oatmeal Bowl, ½ cup sliced strawberries, ½ cup Skim Milk
- 2 Vitalicious Appleberry Vitatops and 1 tablespoon walnuts, 1 cup coffee
- The Georgia Peach Smoothie
- 1 Fage Total Greek Yogurt, 1/2 cup of low-fat milk, 1/2 cup of sliced strawberries, ½ cup of blueberries and 1 tablespoon of almonds
- 2 scrambled eggs, Sara Lee Delightful 100% Multi-Grain Bread (toasted), ½ cup skim milk
- Tropical Smoothie
- 1 Yoplait Yogurt Strawberry Light, 1 bowl of McCann’s Instant Irish oatmeal, ½ cup blueberries, 1 cup coffee
- 1 Fage Greek Yogurt (sprinkle in some slivered almonds or walnuts), 10 oz. organic goji berries, 1 cup coffee
- 1 Vitamuffin, 1 tablespoon walnuts, ½ cup sliced strawberries, ½ cup skim milk