Now you can enjoy Pasta Alfredo again without the guilt! Delicious, healthy and low in calories and fat! You can even cut out a lot more calories by replacing the whole-wheat fettuccine noodles with Past-Slim noodles!
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tsps coconut oil
- 2 cups skim milk (or soy milk)
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tbps all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 16 oz whole-wheat fettuccine pasta (use Pasta-Slim to save even more calories)
- 16 oz bag frozen broccoli florets
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Throw in garlic and onion and sauté until golden brown.
- In a separate small saucepan mix in milk, broth, flour and pepper over low heat until it thickens. Add to onion and garlic mixture. Cook over low heat and stir regularly until the sauce is thick. Add Parmesan cheese.
- Boil pasta and add broccoli florets to pasta the last few minutes.
- Once pasta is thoroughly cooked transfer to a large bowl and add sauce. Mix well and enjoy!
Per Serving: Calories: 285, Fat: 4g, Carbs: 48g, Protein: 14g