Unlike most beef stews, which are extremely high in sodium, calories and fat, this lighter, yet just as delicious alternative is perfect those watching their health and weight!
- 20oz lean roast, cubed
- 2 cups baby carrots
- 1/2 sliced medium onion
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp granulated onion
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 cup low sodium beef broth
- Spray crock pot with non-stick cooking spray or use a crock pot liner.
- Mix garlic powder, granulated onion, cayenne pepper and black pepper in a bowl and coat the cubed beef roast.
- Add roast, sliced onion, beef broth and carrots to crock pot.
- Cover and cook on low for 10 hours or high for 4 to 6 hours.
Per serving: Calories: 198, Fat: 8g, Carbs: 6g, Protein: 26g, Sodium: 120mg