A great way to curb hunger cravings is to reach for a healthy, low calorie snack between meals.
Just be aware of the amount of calories in your snacks. It can be quite easy to turn your snack into a full blown meal!
With that in mind, here’s some easy-to-make, healthy snack recipes that are low in calories, but big on taste!
*Tip: Prepare these snacks ahead of time and have them on hand for when hunger strikes.
Easy Healthy Snacks
Our peanut butter yogurt dip is super simple to make(with only 2 ingredients!) and has many uses! Not only does it make a healthy snack by itself, it also makes a great fruit dip, fruit pizza topping and more! Plus, its high in protein (to keep you feeling full between meals) and low in fat and calories!
When those crunchy snack cravings hit, and you don’t want to settle for processed and oily chips from a bag, then try these easy to make healthy baked pita chips! These flavorful chips are ready in 15 minutes and prep is a snap – brush a little olive oil on the pitas, season and bake in the oven.
These Protein Pumpkin Bites are ready in minutes, require no baking and are a healthy way to satisfy even the worst sweet tooth. Plus, they make the perfect in between meal snack with 3 grams of filling protein and only 50 calories!
These aren’t your typical cookies! With only 4 all natural ingredients and no baking required, these cookies are ready in minutes and make a delicious and filling snack or dessert!
More Simple Healthy Snack Recipes
Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
Makes 6 servings with only 83 calories each
- 1.5 cups raw pumpkin seeds
- 2 tsp butter
- Salt to taste (optional)
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F
- Mix pumpkin seeds in a bowl with melted butter. Lightly salt. Place seeds on a baking sheet and cook for 35-45 minutes or until brown
Healthy Trail Mix
Makes 2 servings with 100 calories each
- 1/2 oz whole almonds
- 1/4 oz unsalted peanuts
- 1/4 oz dried cranberries
- 1 tbsp chopped pitted dates
- Combine almonds, peanuts, cranberries and dates in a bowl. Mix together.
Garlic Herb Chips
Makes 8 servings with 115 calories each
- 4 medium multi-grain tortillas
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp salt (optional)
- Preheat to 350°F. Spray a large baking sheets with nonstick cooking spray.
- Cut tortillas into chip sized pieces. Place the pieces in an even layer on the prepared baking sheets. Brush with oil and sprinkle with Italian seasoning, garlic powder and if desired, salt.
- Bake the chips until crispy and slightly brown, 8 to 10 minutes.
Vegetable Cottage Cheese Dip
Makes 1 serving with only 120 calories
- 1/2 cup low-fat cottage cheese
- 1/4 tsp lemon pepper
- 1/2 cup each baby carrots
- Place cottage cheese in a small bowl and mix in lemon pepper. Serve with carrots.
Hard Cooked (not boiled) Eggs
70 calories per egg
- Place eggs in a single layer in a large sauce pan. Add water until the eggs are submerged one inch. Bring to a boil and immediately remove from burner. Cover saucepan.
- Let eggs sit in water for 20 minutes.
- Drain water and eat OR run cold water over the eggs store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Find more healthy snack and meal recipes in our low calorie recipe section. Plus, if you order The Simple, Proven Plan For Weight Loss & Control Complete Package you’ll receive a FREE low calorie cookbook with 75 delicious recipes along with the popular weight loss eBook and more! Check it out here!