Stop doing hundred’s of sit-ups a day and read this to learn the best way to lose belly fat!
Arguably, the most sought after physical attribute is a flat stomach – or even the coveted 6 pack look. Unfortunately, this area is one of the last places to lose fat, especially for men. Therefore, you could have a low body fat percentage, but still have a layer fat covering your abs.
A hundred crunches a day won’t fix this!
One common misconception is that blasting your abdominal region with literally hundreds, even thousands of sit-ups or crunches will give you the 6 pack you’re looking for.
While all that work might be good for ab strength and endurance, it’s your level of body fat that ultimately makes the difference between seeing your abs or not. Everybody’s got a 6 pack, but for most it’s hidden underneath a layer of fat.
So, how do you get a flat stomach then?
It’s no secret – to achieve a flatter stomach you must lower your overall body fat percentage by decreasing your caloric intake, increasing your physical activity, or preferably through a combination of both.
That’s how it’s done.
So, if you’re still busting out a thousand crunches a day and can’t see your abs do yourself a favor by replacing most of that ab work with overall body fat burning exercises like interval training and resistance exercises (weight training) and most importantly follow a proper nutrition plan.
Best Way To Lose Belly Fat
Here’s a few tips to maximize your results and finally get the 6 pack (or that flatter stomach) that you’ve been after:
- Consume 15 – 20% fewer calories than what you eat to maintain your current weight.
- Eat 4 – 6 meals per day to help ward off those cravings that can lead to overeating.
- Eat natural carbs such as vegetables, potatoes, beans, brown rice, etc. and stay away from processed carbs such as chips and crackers.
- Make roughly 20% of your calories come from good fat’s such as nut’s, seed’s, fish oils, etc.
- Include a complete protein source with each meal like eggs, fish, chicken, a good protein powder, etc.
- Drink lots of water.
- Perform overall body fat burning workouts.
- Combine both cardio and resistance training for best results.