The crock pot, or slow cooker, provides an easy way to cook a delicious meal – just throw the ingredients in the pot and let them cook all day while you go about your business.
Plus, there’s nothing better than the aroma that fills your house while the food cooks!
Combine the ease of cooking in a crock pot with low calorie foods and you have a recipe for easy weight loss.
Plus, these low calorie crock pot recipes are made with healthy, nutrient packed ingredients that not only add delicious flavor, but may improve your well-being!
*Tip: Use crock pot liners to save the hassle of having to clean your crockpot when you’re done! I never cook without them! (Yes, I’m lazy.)
- Vegetable Soup (66 calories)
- Southwestern Spicy Pork (169 calories)
- South Of The Border Chicken (170 calories)
- Mongolian Beef Goulash (180 calories)
- Crock Pot Chicken Stew (190 calories)
- World’s Best Chicken Tortilla Soup (200 calories)
- Slow Cooked Bean & Barley Soup (205 calories)
- Slow Cooked Breakfast Skillet (220 calories)
- Low Calorie Crock Pot Chili (260 calories)
- Lean Turkey Chili (270 calories)
Low Calorie Crock Pot Recipes
- 1 can of low sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 head of Cabbage – chopped
- 3 large carrots – chopped
- 8 stalks of celery
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 large green peppers
- 1 tomato
- 1 pkg of lipton onion soup mix
- 12 oz can of low sodium v-8 juice
- Chop all veggies into bite size pieces and add to a large crock pot – cook on high for two hours and then on low for 3 hours.
Calories: 66, Fat: 0.5g, Carbs: 12g, Protein: 4g
Southwestern Spicy Pork
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2.5 lbs pork shoulder roast
- 1 – 16 oz jar green salsa
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 serrano chile peppers
- Pepper to taste
- Spray slow cooker with non-stick spray.
- Layer the chopped onion into the bottom of a slow cooker.
- Season the pork shoulder with salt and pepper and place atop the chopped onion.
- Pour the green salsa over the pork and sprinkle the the cilantro over top.
- Drop the serrano chile peppers into the slow cooker.
- Cook on low for about 8 hours.
- Gently remove the pork to a cutting board.
- Shred the pork shoulder with a pair of forks.
- Pour liquid from the slow cooker over shredded pork to serve.
Calories: 169, Fat: 8g, Carbs: 5g, Protein: 16g
South Of The Border Chicken
- 6 – boneless and skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 jar Salsa
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp brown mustard
- Place chicken in crock pot or casserole dish.
- Mix salsa, brown sugar and mustard in a medium bowl.
- Pour mix over chicken
- Cook in crock pot on low for 6-8 hours.
Calories: 170, Fat: 2g, Carbs: 10g, Protein: 28g
Mongolian Beef Goulash
- 2 lbs beef stew meat or lean steak cut up.
- 2 tbsp sweet or hot paprika
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 small red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 – 14oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 – 14oz can reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tbsp cornstarch mixed with 2 tbsp water
- Spray crockpot with non-stick spray.
- Place beef in croockpot.
- Sprinkle the beef with paprika and pepper.
- Add diced tomatoes, broth, Worcestershire sauce, chopped onion, chopped bell pepper and garlic.
- Place bay leaves on top.
- Cover on low for 6-8hrs or until beef is tender
- Remove the bay leaves and add the cornstarch mixture to the stew and cook on high, until thickened – usually 10-15 minutes.
Calories: 180, Fat: 5g, Carbs: 6g, Protein: 25g
Crock Pot Chicken Stew
- 2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup zucchini, chopped
- 1 cup carrots, sliced
- 1/2 cup celery, chopped
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup fat free half and half
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tsp fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 1 tsp fresh thyme leaves
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 3 bay leaves
- 1/2 tsp freshly grated lemon zest
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Spray a large crockpot with non-stick spray and turn to high heat.
- Cut chicken into small, bite-size chunks and add to crock pot.
- Add broth, celery, zucchini, carrots, thyme, rosemary, bay leaves and lemon zest.
- Coverand cook until the chicken is very tender for about 4 hours.
- Transfer the chicken and vegetables to a bowl; discard bay leaves.
- Boil remaining juice over high heat. Boil until reduced to 2 cups, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Mix cornstarch with remaining 1/4 cup water in a small bowl. Add to the pan and cook, stirring, until slightly thickened.
- Add half and half and lemon juice; stir until boiling.
- Return the chicken and vegetables to the sauce and heat through
- Season with pepper and parsley.
Calories: 190, Fat: 4g, Carbs: 11g, Protein: 25g
World’s Best Chicken Tortilla Soup
- 1 lb. shredded and cooked chicken
- 1 – 15 oz can whole peeled tomatoes, mashed
- 1 – 10 oz can enchilada sauce
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 – 4 oz can chopped green chile peppers
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 2 cups water
- 1 – 14.5 oz can low sodium chicken broth
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 – 10 oz package frozen corn
- 1 tbsp chopped cilantro
- 2 whole wheat tortillas
- vegetable oil
- Place chicken, tomatoes, enchilada sauce, onion, green chiles, and garlic into crock pot.
- Pour in water and chicken broth, and season with cumin, chili powder and pepper.
- Stir in corn and cilantro.
- Cover and cook on Low for 6 to 8 hours (recommended) or on High for 3 to 4 hours.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut tortillas into strips and place on a baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven until crisp, about 10 to 15 minutes.
- To serve, sprinkle tortilla strips over soup.
Calories: 200, Fat: 10g, Carbs: 20g, Protein: 17g
Slow Cooked Bean & Barley Soup
- 1 large onion
- 1 large stalk celery
- 1 large carrot
- 9 cups water
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1/3 cup dried black beans
- 1/2 cup pearl barley
- 1/3 cup dried kidney beans
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- Spray crockpot with non-stick spray and turn on low.
- Dice onion, celery and carrot and add to crock pot.
- Add water, broth, barley, black beans, kidney beans, chili powder, cumin and oregano.
- Let cook for 6 hours on low, stirring occasionally.
Calories:205, Fat: 2g, Carbs: 32g, Protein: 11g
Slow Cooked Breakfast Skillet
- 32 oz frozen hash browns
- 1 lb cooked lean ham, cubed (preferably minimally processed)
- 1 onion
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1.5 cup shredded cheese
- 6 eggs, 6 egg whites
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- Dice the onions and green peppers.
- Spray crockpot with non-stick spray and add half of the hash browns, then ham, onions, peppers and cheese. Repeat to layer the ingredients.
- Beat eggs, milk salt and pepper pour over layers in the crock pot. Cover and turn on low.
- Cook for 10-12 hours.
Calories: 220, Fat: 11g, Carbs: 17g, Protein: 15g
Low Calorie Crock Pot Chili
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 3/4 cup diced onion
- 3/4 cup diced celery
- 3/4 cup diced green bell pepper
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 2 – 10.75 oz cans tomato puree
- 1 – 15 oz can kidney beans with liquid
- 1 – 15 oz can kidney beans, drained
- 1 – 15 oz can cannellini beans with liquid
- 1/2 tbsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp dried parsley
- 3/4 tsp dried basil
- 3/4 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/8 tsp hot pepper sauce
- Brown the beef in a skillet over medium heat and drain grease.
- Place the beef in a slow cooker, and mix in onion, celery, green bell pepper, garlic, tomato puree, kidney beans, and cannellini beans.
- Sprinkle with chili powder, parsley, basil, oregano, black pepper, and hot pepper sauce.
- Cover, and cook on low for 8 hours.
Calories: 260, Fat: 6g, Carbs: 32g, Protein: 19g
Lean Turkey Chili
- 2 lbs 99% Lean Ground Turkey
- 1 large Onion, diced
- 2 – 15 oz. cans Black Beans
- 2 – 15 oz. cans Kidney Beans
- 2 – 10 oz. cans Tomato Soup
- 1 – 10 oz. can Diced Tomatos
- 1 – 8 oz. can Tomato Paste
- 1 tsp. Taco Seasoning
- 2 tsp. Ground Cumin
- 2 tsp. Chili Powder
- Brown ground turkey in large skillet and drain.
- Spray a large crockpot with non-stick spray.
- Combine turkey with all other ingredients in large crock pot.
- Cook 6-8 hours on low.
Calories: 270, Fat: 1g, Carbs: 35g, Protein: 30g
Looking for more healthy recipes? Check out the ever-growing low calorie recipe page for more ideas and inspiration!