Every year in my hometown, here in the middle of Iowa, we celebrate the town’s history.
There are parades, shows, vendors selling everything imaginable, beer tents and more food than you could possibly stomach.
Every year I make it a point to stop down at the festival to pick up one specific item: kettle corn!
Unfortunately, that kettle corn only comes around once a year…
And worse yet, it’s terrible for you!
So, I decided to create a healthier version of this delicious snack using all natural ingredients and no refined sugar.
It does require to pop the kernels on a stove top, which shouldn’t deter you from trying out this recipe if you’ve never done that before. It’s the only way I will pop popcorn and it’s super easy.
Plus, I show you exactly how to do it below.
Not only can you enjoy this delicious kettle corn whenever you want, it only has 185 calories in a huge 4 cup serving!
So, let’s gather the ingredients (you only need four and you probably already have them) and start making some healthy kettle corn!
- Place the coconut oil in a medium pot on medium heat. Let melt.
- Add one kernel to the pot and shake the pot every five or so seconds to move the kernel around. Once the kernel has popped the pot is ready.
- Carefully remove the popped kernel with a spoon.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the pot and cover with a lid. Be sure to shake the pot every five seconds or so to better coat the popped kernels and to make sure the stevia doesn't burn at the bottom of the pot. Once you hear 3 seconds between kernels popping remove the pot from the heat and pour into a bowl.
- Let cool for 5-10 minutes and enjoy.