A delicious eastern dish. Highly nutritious and low in calories. Add a cut up chicken breast for more flavor and protein if wanted.
Moo Shu Vegetables
Author: Tory McBroom
Yield: 4 servings
- 3 tsp toasted canola oil, divided
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tsp minced fresh ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 12-ounce bag shredded mixed vegetables
- 2 cups mung bean sprouts
- 1 bunch scallions, sliced
- 1 tbsp reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp hoisin sauce
- In large pan heat 1 tsp of oil. Add eggs; cook, stir until set, approximately 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from pan.
- In same pan heat the remaining 2 teaspoons oil over medium heat. Add ginger and garlic, stir until softened, approximately 1 minute. Add shredded vegetables, bean sprouts, half the sliced scallions, soy sauce and vinegar. Stir. Cover and cook for approximately 3 minutes. Add the cooked eggs, hoisin and the remaining scallions, stir for 2 minutes. Remove and enjoy!
Serving Size: 1 serving Calories: 171 Fat: 9g Carbohydrates: 14g Protein: 11g