This healthier version of fried pickle chips found at many restaurants not only tastes great, but they have less than half the calories of their fried counterparts!
Plus, they are simple to make, with only 4 ingredients and a few quick and easy steps.
Simply dip the pickle chips in an egg/whole wheat flour mixture…
Then roll in breadcrumbs and place on a baking sheet.
Finally, bake for 15 minutes at 400 degrees and you’re done!
These crispy and crunchy treats make a great low calorie side dish or snack.
All the taste, without the calories and oil!
- 20 pickle chips
- 2 eggs
- ⅛ cup whole wheat flour
- ½ cup homemade bread crumbs
- Optional: season to taste with pepper, garlic powder, etc.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and spray a baking sheet with non-stick spray
- Mix eggs and flour in a bowl to form batter
- Place breadcrumbs in a separate bowl
- Dip pickle chips in batter mix, then roll in breadcrumbs and place on baking sheet, one by one
- Bake in oven for 15 minutes or until golden brown
*For the bread crumbs, I like to make my own by toasting whole wheat bread and then blending it in my Magic Bullet blender. But, you can use Panko breadcrumbs or other store bought variety if you wish.